Jessica took advantage of the delay and went on a triple date. They played the "grocery game". Each couple was a team...they went to Walmart and they each had 15 minutes to get 15 items. Then they swap carts and try to see who can put the stuff away first. The only catch is...you must put the item away where it belongs! Jessica & her date came in 2nd place! Then they went out for ice cream!
We were going to go to the Denver Museum of Natural History & Science, but we had snow in the morning. So, that nixed our trip to Denver. We talked about hitting a late afternoon movie however, at the lat minute, Jessica & Ryan said they had a dance practice at 5:00. Well, they really didn't have a dance practice, so we all had a movie night!
Today, Thursday, we were under a blizzard warning...so we really couldn't plan to do anything. Late morning, the girls and I went shopping...we decided we had better go home when they were going to close the mall. Driving home was a little scary, but we kept to the back streets and took our time!! By 5:00pm, we had only received about 5 inches. However, the wind has been HORRIBLE! We have measured wind gusts of 49mph. The boys couldn't stand being in the house any longer, so they bundled up...extra well (the temp with wind chill is -11). After playing for a little bit, I braved the elements to take a few quick pictures.
Since the snow is not supposed to end until sometime tomorrow, we really don't have any exciting plans. We are going to watch more movies. We will have lots of munchies. Jessica has even promised to make Wayne's favorite Peanut Butter Cookies!
So, you can say that for "Spring Break", we all gained weight!
HI there. I was blog surfing (hitting next blog to see what I can find) and came across your blog. WHat a neat family! I have a daughter in Denver but she has not told us of snow. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and let you know you have a cool family.
ReplyDeleteWow! How'd you get a random person to visit your blog? Lucky person!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's snowing so much! Like I told mom, it's times like this I'm glad I live in AZ!
Yikes! That is a lot of snow! And I can't believe school was cancelled in Greely, did that happpen to you guys too?
ReplyDelete