Saturday, October 31, 2009

Murder Mystery Dinner Party

Wayne & I are in a dinner group. There are 4 couples that are involved and we meet for dinner every other month. We take turns as to whose home we have dinner in. The host gets to decide the theme and provide the main dish. Each of the other couples brings either an appetiser, salad, or dessert. It is a fun group to be in! My turn happened to fall in October. The first date we could ALL attend was October 30. So, I decided that we needed to have a FUN theme.
We had a Murder Mystery Dinner Party.
The Good, The Bad & The Guilty
All got to dress up in their respective characters.
No one knew WHO the murderer was...we were all suspects!!Here is the beautiful table that we all spent the next 4 hours at...
don't forget that we ate almost non-stop the entire time.
Appetisers - Wyomin' Cow Pucky's
(bread with melted cheese, green chilies and seasonings)
Salad - Can't remember the name. I will edit it when I find out!
(Spinach Salad with candied pecans, and lots of goodies)
Main Dish - Goat Stew with rolls
(ok, so it really didn't have Goat in it!)
Dessert - Mean Apple Pie
Here is the whole gang
Back row : Elias Truist-Heath; Dee Adela Muerte;
Elvira-Lynn Fekshin; Wyatt Hertz
Front Row: Butch Chastity; P'Elvis Swagarin;
Helena Handcart; Chief Breaking Wind
Elias Truist-Heath (Wayne) and Dee Adela Muerte (Sandie)
Wyatt Hertz (Tracia) and Elvira-Lynn Fekshin (Brenda)
Tracia stepped in for Brenda's husband since he was unable to attend.

P'Elvis Swagarin (Don) and Butch Chastity (Kathy)
Helena Handcart (Mary Lynn) and Chief Breaking Wind (Dale)

We were all suspects to the murder of one Judge Waylon Payne.

Each of us had a motive...a good one too!

Only one actually KILLED him!

Unfortunately, I cannot reveal who the murderer is...since I will be passing this game along to my sister...however, I can say that the characters were quite SURPRISING! All of the characters were a little risque. I recommend if you ever get this particular game, you have people over with a VERY open mind!

We really had fun!

5 comments:

  1. Hey that looks so fun!~! Love the costumes and the theme. Maybe if we went to a party like that, it could change my mind a bit about about how much I dislike the Halloween holiday!! I do really like the post though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. We have been in a couple of dinner groups this year and have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the picture of you and Wayne?

    ReplyDelete