They did AWESOME yesterday! We performed at 1:15, then got to sit watching all the other bands until 5:15. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. My face is currently a BRIGHT pink...ok, so we sat looking into the sun for over 3 hours....where are the clouds when you need them!?!
We placed 3rd in our 4A division. Then they take the top 10 scores, irrespective of what division you are in, and have them perform in the finals. We had enough time to redress all the band and get them to the practice field. They performed again around 7:30. Here is the link to that performance...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R7win0BFJg
I am amazed at how much they improved!!! Even from the afternoon performance. We placed 7th overall....having tied for 8th in total number...they take the highest points in overall effect to determine the winner of a tie.
To be honest, it was AWESOME! Considering they were competing again top state bands in both 4A and 5A divisions. It is nice to be associated with these bands...they rocked!
We made it back to the band room around 11:15pm, and didn't get home until close to 11:45pm due to the "unloading" process".
Next week, they perform on Thursday for the football game half time...then on Saturday is the BIG day! They go to Semi-finals and hopefully on to Finals. It will be an ALL DAY EVENT again. I get to be the head Chaperone...woo hoo (not).
woohoo!!! What fun! I kinda wish I was close to come watch! I think it would be fun (although LONG)! GOOD LUCK!
ReplyDeleteCongradulations! Good luck for next Saturday!
ReplyDelete