Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tiffany's Birthday Party

It was Tiffany's turn to have a birthday party this year. We enlisted her sister, Jessica to help out. Tiffany wanted a party like Jessica usually throws with her friends. So, we started out with PIZZA!! They ate and they ate and they ATE and THEY ATE!! There were a total of 11 kids and they went through 6 large pizzas! Did I tell you that they ate??

Then they played a couple of games. First everyone was given a name from a Disney movie on their forehead...they had to ask each other questions to figure out who they were....There was a lot of giggling going on. Then they moved to another room, where they played "Clumps". This is where the caller yells out a number and everyone has to get in groups of that number. Anyone who is not in a group, is out. They played SEVERAL rounds of that...it was humorous to see these kids GRAB each other so they wouldn't get out.

They took a break by eating from the chocolate fountain. This is when the "sugar high" began. They were able to dip strawberries, pineapple, pretzels, pound cake and bananas in the chocolate. Everyone had chocolate "drips" all over them...I feel bad for the parents who have to wash that chocolate OFF! Wait a minute...I AM one of the parents :)

They used the extra "energy" to play "Freeze Dance". I guess you dance to music until the music shuts off and they have to FREEZE. If you get caught moving, you must sit out. One kid was even doing the "worm". Once again, there was LOTS of giggling and noise going on! Then they did the limbo. Some got quite creative in how they would limbo. Ryan decided that it would be easier to jump OVER the limbo stick rather than go under! (CHEATER!) They did that for a while, and then took another break.
This is when they sang Happy Birthday to Tiffany. (I finally remembered to get the camera out)
Then came the opening of presents...
We'll have to watch this one...ha,ha (just kidding)
She has been asking for this game for quite some time! (please note the chocolate on the nose and shirt!)

After all the presents were opened...it was time for more activity! We got out the Pinata. This had to be done in the garage due to the weather (rain/snow mix)
Notice the duct tape at the top? The little holder fell off (not breaking the pinata) so we improvised...isn't duct tape wonderful?
I'll give you 3 guesses as to what just happened and the first 2 don't count.
After that, Parents started showing up.As soon as the last child left, clean up began. Too bad I didn't get pictures of my teenagers cleaning up the party mess...ok, I confess, I bribed them to run the party and clean up afterwards (Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?)
All in all...it was a GREAT party!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everyone had tons of fun! I wish I had thought of bribing my kids to give the parties for the younger ones. I have never liked birthday parties . . . the ones where I do it. Such a cute pinata. Sure fits TT's sunny personality. What a great gift for the kids to give to TT for her birthday. They did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete