Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Break 2012 start off...Garden of the Gods!

The weather in Colorado Springs has turned quite warm!  It was supposed to get up to 75 degrees.  That is AWESOME hiking weather.  Since the dog, Chipper and I are a bit out of shape, we decided to go to the Garden of the Gods.  The hike we wanted to go on didn't pan out since there were no parking spaces. :(  I guess other people had the same idea as us.  So we drove around a little bit more and found ourselves a place to park.  We went on a fun hike.  We all enjoyed the sunshine and the exercise.  
Here are some pictures...
Tiffany, Wayne, Chris and Ryan (With Chipper)


A nice lady offered to take the whole family's picture...
Tiffany, Wayne, Chris, Sandie and Ryan.

Too bad you can't see the background view...the picture doesn't do it justice!  The same lady happened to hike by us later on the trail and offered to take our picture again.

 No hike is complete without climbing on rocks.
 They all seemed to enjoy climbing up the rocks.


 Even Wayne and Chipper had to join in the rock climbing.


 Ryan coming down the "hard way".  Yes, there was an easier way down, but why go that way when you can SCRAMBLE down!
 Isn't Tiffany getting so beautiful!?! In a couple of weeks she will be 14 years old!
 Here is Chris climbing up the rocks.
 He was so good to stop and pose for me!
 Had to get a picture of us! (Sandie and Wayne)




 One thing about the Garden of the Gods..there is never a shortage of rocks to climb on!



It was so beautiful today!  I loved having the opportunity to spend some quality time with my family!  I enjoyed hanging out with them all!  We picked up some Chipotle on the way home and turned on a video "The Jungle Book".    We sang together the whole way home.  It was an adventure.  

I have to say that I am grateful to my Father in Heaven 
for providing us with such a beautiful earth for us to enjoy. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time. So nice to do things as a family.

    ReplyDelete