Sunday, August 5, 2012

Christmas 2011 (catching up)

Since I started school right after Jessica's wedding, I really didn't get all of my blogging in.  Since I print of this blog as a "family history".  I need to do some catching up.  I will start with Christmas since that is where my camera picks up...
Christmas Eve dinner was at my house. Lori gifted us all with pretty aprons that she made.
 Since dad likes to "wear" his food, we found this wonderful bib for him (must protect his clothes)!
 Some of our Dinner preparation!
 Here is the Christmas tree AFTER Santa visited.
 When Ryan was a little boy (as in about 3-4 years old), he would tell us that he wanted a "violent" guitar.  Every year, he would ask for one.  We bought him a child size guitar one year for Christmas, he had to have been about 4 or 5 years old.  That held him over for a while.  In elementary school, 4th grade, they offered free guitar lessons as long as a parent participated.  Wayne ended up buying 2 guitars, an acoustic and a classical.  They faithfully went to their lessons.  As he aged, he still begged for an "Electric" guitar.  Wayne told him that he really needed to master the classical guitar.  Ryan really worked on playing it...teaching himself what he didn't learn.  We kept putting him off when it came to an electric guitar because we just couldn't justify the cost and we really didn't want to have to listen to it.  We ended up coming across the new XBOX Rocksmith.  It is an actual electric guitar and it teaches you to play in a gaming atmosphere.
 Ryan was in seventh heaven...he finally got his "violent" guitar.

 Ryan is really into rock climbing.  I worry every time he leaves to climb.  So, to help with safety, we invested in a climbing helmet.  He has used it every time he climbs!

 Tiffany loves her hoodies!

 What a find...Jean's pajamas.  They are worn constantly!

 Since Chris loves to play his trombone, we finally found a tie to show off his talent.
 Here is Ryan's pair of jeans pajamas...complete with showing boxer shorts.
 This is a present that Julie Zelasko made for Chris.  It was in reference to a game that we played.  Basically, he read a statement that said something like...."What would only happen once in a blue moon".  Julie wrote down, "Chris would get kissed".  I guess officially, he has a blue moon, watch out girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment