When I posted last night, I was real tired. I hadn't slept well the night before and was up by 6am to leave for Denver by 7am. We picked up Mom and Dad and headed straight to the walk. We were a little late in arriving, so there were NO parking spaces close. I dropped everyone off right at the event and went in search for a parking spot. The nearest spot was about 1 mile away. Lucky for me, Rick and Sandy pulled up at the same time and I had someone to walk with. After walking that mile to the event, we did the 5 K. Then I had to walk BACK to the car (yep, there's another mile). Total miles walked approx. 5.? We then went back to Mom and Dad's where they had us run some errands. (up and down stairs). When we got home, we realized that we didn't have food for the next couple of days....so off to Sam's club we went. You know you can't go to Sam's without walking around and looking! By the time I got home, my back was really hurting (I guess I did a little too much). I really wanted to get the pictures up for everyone to see...in my haste AND my exhaustion, I failed to mention a couple other VERY IMPORTANT members of our family who were walking with us in "spirit". CINDY was with us the WHOLE day. She was the one who was cheering us on via the phone. She encouraged us BEFORE we started walking and then made sure she followed up with a "GREAT JOB". It was nice to know she was with us. Lori also wanted to be with us, but due to work, she walked with us in "spirit". I mention these two because they actually joined our team to work with us. What a great family we have! I love ALL of my siblings and would hope you would forgive me when I am not quite with it and forget things. Lucky for me, I took a ibuprofen and a sleeping pill last night. My back is still a little sore, but I believe I will recover!
Once again...THANKS to EVERYONE who supported us in walking, in cheering, in money, and just plain being you!
I am glad things went well for the team! It is nice to have everyone support the team and support the ASL and help fight for a cure! I know how the walking events go! Good job for doing and then going about your every day errands!
ReplyDeleteI am glad Grandma and Grandpa were able to go!
It looks you had a great time!! (I had prior engagements otherwise I would have probably went and pushed not a wheelchair, but a stroller!LOL) Next year we'll know more in advance so we can all make it!!:)
ReplyDelete