As most of you know, Tiffany will be playing the clarinet. I looked into renting one, but it was $20.00/month. I asked what kind of clarinet they rent out. Armed with that information, I went onto Ebay. I lost several bids....and eventually one one. I only spent $56.00 on it. How cool is that!?! When it arrived, we had our neighbor (who plays the clarinet) come over and show her how to put it together. He went with us to the music store to buy reeds and a book to play from. After getting home, he helped her to play it with correct form. He tried out the instrument with his mouthpiece and he said we got lucky and got a good one!! That first night, she played for SEVERAL hours. She is able to play at least 2 songs. I think her piano playing has helped her move a step forward.
Here she is "posing" with her new instrument...
I LOVE her hair pulled back like that! She's such a beautiful little girl!
ReplyDeleteHow fun will that be! I can appreciate a good deal too on buying the instrument, I love deals! :) Did Wayne ever tell you he also used to play the clarinet? I think it was him anyways, he didn't play very long, but I remember he had one when I was younger.
ReplyDelete