Wednesday, December 10, 2008

BUSY CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

We had a very busy weekend!! That is an understatement! It is continuing into this week! First we started with Friday Night--if was the Jazz Cafe. Chris is in Jazz Band. He is one of only a few 7th graders who made it into the jazz band. He plays the bass trombone in the jazz band. He plays a regular trombone in his regular band class. At the cafe, the middle school jazz band and the 2 high school jazz bands play for us. They start with dinner...that is when the middle school plays. After dinner, the high school jazz bands play and they encourage dancing.
The first few pictures are of Chris playing his bass trombone.






Then comes the dancing...it wouldn't be complete without Chase & Jessica dancing. Here they are getting ready to start some of their daring moves!


This next one is Chase spinning Jessica around. Unfortunately, we didn't get a shot of him dropping her to the ground after the spin and catching her before she hits the floor. We also missed them doing cartwheels together and him throwing her around. I have to say, every time I watch them, my heart goes down to my the bottom of my stomach because I'm sure he's going to drop her...he hasn't yet!




Saturday, we started off in the morning with Tiffany's school doing a Winter Carnival. Towards the end, Tiffany got to perform with the Honor Choir. Here they are getting set up....





In this picture she is singing....she is on the left side...second row down...I know it is hard to see her!




As soon as Tiffany's concert was over, we ran Ryan downtown to the "TUBA CHRISTMAS". This is an annual event. It starts around 1:00. This is when the tubas and euphoniums get together and practice Christmas music for their concert that starts at 4:00. It was INCREDIBLE!! The oldest person there was 84 years old and the youngest was 11 years old. The music was OUTSTANDING!






It is fun to see how they decorate their instruments!


A HUGE crowd watched. We didn't get there soon enough and had to watch from behind...we won't do that again next year!!!
After the "TUBA CHRISTMAS" ended...the kids had to finish getting dressed to participate in the Parade of Lights. It was so dark, that very few of the pictures turned out. Here is one of Jessica marching with her flags. Hard to tell, but she is the front middle flag twirler!


It turned out to be a FUN night, but we FROZE to death. It was our first time attending the Parade of Lights, once again, we learned things for next year!!
Sunday, we went to Grandma & Grandpa Schnakenburg's house and set up their Christmas tree and decorated it. The kids thought that was GREAT!
Monday, we had a double concert. Tiffany had her Formal Choir Concert...unfortunately, I didn't get to see it (Wayne attended that one). I got to go the Ryan & Jessica's Concert. (We had to divide and conquer). Jessica's flag squad did a dance (I didn't get pictures...only video taped it...not sure if I'll put that on). Ryan's Concert Band performed. It was a pleasant evening. Unfortunately, going home at 9:00pm wasn't fun! We were in the middle of a full blown STORM!! WELCOME DECEMBER!
Tuesday the kids were treated to a "snow day". Unfortunately, it was too cold to play in the snow! Instead they watched movies with a few friends over. With it being a snow day...one of Chris' concerts were cancelled...never fear...it has been rescheduled for TONIGHT! He was originally scheduled to have a concert tonight with the regular band...now he will do BOTH Jazz and regular band in one night (maybe that is more convenient for me.)
We have one more event on Friday...I'm not even sure exactly what it is, but Jessica will be performing again! Oh the life of an active family!
I am incredibly lucky to have the family that I have! They are talented, kind and loving! I feel privileged to be their mother!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to see your family. I can't believe how all the kids are growing up! And sounds like they are all talented. What fun! A busy time, but fun!
    I didn't know you had a blog, but now that I'll do I'll make sure to check in on you guys!

    ReplyDelete