This summer, the boys were able to go on a trek to Martin's Cove....they were kind enough to let me take their pictures before they left..
Each came back with wonderful stories...they each had a great time...both spiritually fed.
From Chris...
I feel one of the hardest parts of the trek was the women's pull over Rocky Ridge. I was selected to be the one in the cart. It was very difficult for me to watch my trek sisters and trek mom pull the handcart all by themselves, with all our stuff and me in the cart. It weighed well over 200 lbs, and they didn't complain once as they pulled. As I pulled the handcart, I felt as though there were more people pushing and pulling the cart than there were in my trek family. I'm glad I had that experience, knowing how the pioneers felt when they would look back and see nobody pushing the cart. We also had the opportunity to see Martins Cove and the Sweetwater River. On our last day, on our way to the buses, we stopped by the river and we had the opportunity to cross it. I remember walking up and imagining chunks of ice floating down. I could see why many of the pioneers cried along the banks of the small river. I felt as though I came close to tears myself. The water was cold on that hot summer day, and Id hate to imagine what it was like during the winter. I greatly admire the 4 or so young men that carried a handful of people across that river and their stuff. I wish I could be more like them sometimes. I have a testimony that I know the gospel is true, and that the Lord does provide miracles. He will help any who ask of it, and is worthy of it. As I heard from a great friend, Dixon Woodruff, "The Lord will never leave you alone. He will always be waiting for you to turn back to him." I know that this is true, and I've seen it in several instances. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Nice! You should have taken those pictures near a bunch of trees and printed in sepia. They would have looked like historical photos! Oh wait....did they have sunglasses way back then?
ReplyDelete