Sunday, November 29, 2009

My 20th Wedding Anniversary

Can you believe it has been 20 years since I married my sweetheart? Hard to believe. The time has flown by! I am so fortunate to have married such a WONDERFUL man! He has been a FANTASTIC husband, a TERRIFIC dad, my BEST FRIEND, and a great provider. Can you ask for more? We started as friends and that friendship has only grown. We enjoy our weekly dates, and really feel shorted if we have to miss it for some reason. We enjoy doing EVERYTHING together. Wayne has even put up with my shopping and has learned to enjoy coming with me.


This year for our anniversary, we went up into the mountains. It was great. We started our "little get away", by visiting Old Colorado City. It is a neat place to walk around, with little shops to visit. We enjoyed strolling around for a little bit. We then ended up at one of our FAVORITE restaurants...Jake and Telly's. It is a Greek restaurant. It probably has the best Greek food I have ever tasted!
In the picture below, the restaurant is located on the top floor. ok, so this really wasn't our meal.
We ended up sharing a Mediterranean Pasta with Chicken and their Mixed Mezze (it is a sample plate with spanakopita, gyro meat, dolmadakia, keftethes, hummus, tzaziki and grilled pita). We ate too much...then they gave us a dessert on the house for our anniversary. We decided to try something different so we had Stuffed Figs. It basically was a fig that was stuffed with a walnut and marscipone (sp?) cheese. Then it was served on Greek yogurt that was mixed with cinnamon and honey...wow...talk about a shock to the taste buds. It was alright...a good experience, but I wouldn't order it again. Personally, I think we should have gone for the Chocolate Mousse.

After dinner, we headed to our mountain get-a-way...Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast. It is in the middle of nowhere (or so it seemed), perfect for what we wanted. It had the most breath-taking views of Pikes Peak.
Below are pictures from their website (is that legal?)
This is their lobby...Can you believe the view??
That is Pikes Peak in the back ground!
We were in the Roman Room. We had our own personal Hot Tub and a private deck...ok, so it was too cold to go out on the deck!
I have to say that it was nice and quiet!
After our get-a-way, we decided to go home early and spend some time with our family, since it technically is the 20th anniversary of when our family started. We splurged and took all the kids to see "New Moon". Overall, it was an AWESOME anniversary.
Now for my present!!!!!
It arrived Saturday (after our bike ride).
It is a Polished Ebony,
Young Chang Baby Grand Piano.
It is BEAUTIFUL!
I'm not sure who is more excited...me or Jessica!
After it arrived, EVERYONE wanted to play it! It has a beautiful rich sound. After having an electronic piano...
it sounds HEAVENLY!
I am the luckiest girl in the whole world to have a husband like Wayne! I love him with all my heart. The other night for family night, we all took turns telling what we liked about each other. When it got to my turn to talk about Wayne...I told everyone that he is truly my "soul mate", and I meant it! He has filled my life in so many ways. Wayne...you are my EVERYTHING!


Could a girl ask for a better anniversary?

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful anniversary!! Congradulations or Congratulations !! I am never sure how to spell that word. I love your piano. They are so much fun, even when you do not play it that much, like me, but it is there to be used and I love it when you guys play mine. Dad asked why I had taken all the music books out of the book case. I found my Christmas Readers Digest book, so when any one comes they have music to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I can't believe you guys have been married that long. Hope you enjoy your piano. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First..Mom - it's not yours. It's mine...ha ha ha! Second...Brag brag brag...ha ha ha! I love it and you deserve that beautiful piano of yours! You truly are blessed with such a wonderful husband (of course, not as wonderful as mine - but we'll agree to disagree at the moment)and such a sweet family! Happy Anniversary! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 20 years! I can't believe how fast time flies. I hope you had a lovely retreat, and I love your new piano! I'm so glad you got it!Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete