Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trip to the ZOO!!!

Saturday turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL, WARM, SUNNY day. So, we took advantage of the wonderful weather and headed off to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Our family LOVES the zoo! It is one of our favorite pasttimes! Here is our group! From left to right...Deja, Jessica, Chris, Tiffany, Ryan and Wayne (notice how I avoided the camera...ha,ha)
Here is a picture of Tiffany on a "pony". Jessica complained to Wayne that she has never gotten to ride a pony...Thus he has ruined her childhood. So, WAYNE caved in and let the girls each take a turn on the "pony". The camera didn't work when Jessica was riding (ran out of batteries) I snapped one on my phone, I'll have to post that later :)
So, when there are glued in 4-wheelers...it is important to utilize them and play on them......








I believe that Tiffany was told here that it was time to go...and everyone was wondering where "mom was"...she pointed in the general direction of where I went. (note: Wayne was taking the pictures at this point)



Here the "BIG" kids got caught playing in a tunnel designed for "LITTLE" kids.






Let's not forget the "HAM" of the family...little Tiffany...although she is getting bigger and bigger...isn't there a law against your baby growing up???




They have a section at our zoo called "Bungie Buddies". This is where the kids can go in, there are hundreds of birds flying around, and feed them. Jessica is mysteriously missing...hmmmmm maybe she doesn't want to end up with bird doo doo on her shoulder like Chris did!





We now come to the FAVORITE part of the zoo....the feeding of the Giraffe's. The kids get rye crackers to feed to them. As you can see from the following pictures...those Giraffe's are NOT shy when it comes to food. First, let us stop for another "Family Photo"!









Can you believe that she actually wanted to KISS that? I bet she misses! ha,ha. I'm just kidding. On a side note...her hair is not usually pink. It was dyed for Halloween. The girl next to her, Deja, is staying with us until November 5th.



3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I love that Jessica's hair is still pink. It really looks like your little fam had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to a blond chick from Cali to ask...."What do they
    (the zoo keepers) do to keep giraffes from freezing when it snows????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like alot of fun!! I love all the pictures!! I love all the girafe pics! Look at you and your bloggin self! haha Im impressed!!

    ReplyDelete